Sunday, March 8, 2009

Why must it be so hard to be successful? I have had the hardest time these past few months. I just want to do well in school, but I fail. I just want to be a great teacher for the sunbeams, but I fail. Why? It's so hard to keep a positive outlook on things when nothing seems to go your way. I never seem to get any breaks (school is consuming my life..test after test after test). The only place I can go for refuge is the Temple.
Oh how I love the temple. It brings me such peace and comfort. Happiness and Joy. President Hinckley made a promise: "If you will go to the House of the Lord (regularly), you will be blessed; life will be better for you." I long for this better life and I know through glorifying God by loving Him and following His commandments...and attending that wonderful place, the temple, I will have the better life I desire.

3 comments:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

The temple is the best! I agree! Some weekends we should carpool down there! and as for being a better teacher for the sunbeams, Jon and I used to think that if they survived the class we did our job. I totally know how you feel with the stress of that class. I felt like a failure every sunday. I was glad to move because I would have to be released! and dont worry about school, it seems like it will kill you, but when you are on the other side, you will miss it. (says the girl who hated all the stress while I was in school!)

Hickmans said...

First of all you are so great! Im so glad we were able to become such good friends back in... what was it 4th grade? Ha! Keep up the good work you really dont know how much of a difference you make in those sunbeams life! I learned yesterday that you might not think they are getting anything out of it but they really are!

Laura said...

Thanks for these thoughts. ive been feeling kinda down lately as well. maybe it's the weather? I think you are doing a great job though. sunbeams are really hard. it's great how the temple can bring everything into perspective. hope you have a good weekend!