Sunday, October 30, 2011

What I learned in school this week

I recently started working at an elementary school, for an after school program. I love my job! The kids are awesome! I love listening to their interpretations of things. For example,

I had a bike accident and the kids asked me what happened; I explained that I fell off my bike and a 1st grader looked at me funny and said, "parents aren't supposed to fall of bikes!" Oops, I guess I fell off because I'm not actually a parent yet!! HAHA!! Here's something to look forward to, I WILL NOT fall off my bike when I have kids, whew! ;)

Thursday after playground, I asked the kids to wash their hands (this was before snack), a 3rd grader asked if she could just use her "handsatizer". I told her no, and she continued to ask if she could use it. "My handsatizer is in my backpack, can I just get my handsatizer?!? It would be faster to just use handsatizer." I secretly was laughing so hard, but I still said no... mostly because I wanted her to use actual soap and water, but also, I wanted her to keep saying the word because it was so funny!!!

I was also called Mrs. Hammer this week. Really? Hammer? Man, I really do love listening to these kids. Oh, and you know that show, The Big Bang Theory...one of the character's names is SHELDON!!!! A kindergartner told me that! (I enjoyed that one because I actually watch that show and Sheldon is the name of my father-in-law).

In Other News:
I've been working there for about a month and have really loved it. Bill will start working for Delta in a week. I'm excited, I will be able to fly anywhere (delta flies) for free! I'll get to see my family more which is awesome! We are living with my in-laws right now, not the best time of my life (I hate not having my own walls and kitchen) but I am so grateful that they are willing to help us out during this hard time. I definitely have a wonderful family, both on my side and Bill's side.

Last week, Bill and I went to Utah on a mini vacation, here are some pictures of our adventures:













Well, I would add more pictures but blogger is having some issues and I can't upload any more. Oh well. This picture was taken at a restaurant in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, the SLC temple is in the background.

No comments: