Thursday, March 8, 2012

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Hello blogger friends this is Bill. In a response to castleink.com I am describing how I reduce, reuse, and recycle. Enjoy!

Home-grown food leads to a cleaner world. In a world of shrink-wrapped, canned, boxed, bagged, and not to mention overly processed food, one can be virtually buried alive with the waste produced from store-bought meals. One way I help to reduce, reuse, and recycle is to incorporate as much home-grown, home-canned food into my meals as I can. It starts with meat. I help my wife's parents butcher their chickens, turkeys and rabbits. First, these animals have been fed the best grain, grown up in a free-range environment, and butchered in a quick, humane and painless way. They are free from chemicals many mass-producers pump into their produce. The meat is then pressure-canned in glass jars and stored for use whenever we're ready. We also can fruits and vegetables in the same manner; the vegetables and fruit are free from any harsh chemicals or insecticides. All these canned goods are put into glass jars. After we have a meal using these cans they are washed and put away for the next batch of canning. Virtually NO WASTE going to the landfill! A better tasting way to make the planet a little greener.

Thanks for reading,
Bill

No comments: