Friday, January 15, 2010

Rough morning

This morning I rode my bike to work, which isn't anything new...I did it all last year. But it was a little different this time because I went a lot further!!! I have a new job now, I'm working at the Tennessee 4-H office and I am VERY VERY excited!!! I love 4-H, so this is basically where I should be right now, working with the kiddies in the TN 4-H program!!! Anyway, back to the rough morning. I rode my bike, it was probably close to 2 miles in the freezing cold weather (it's about 27 degrees) I know it could be colder, but I lived in the south most of my life so it's REALLY cold to me! I huffed and puffed up the hills and managed to make it to work with 5 minutes to spare. Then I realized I lost my lock....AHH!!!!! Their are thieves on this campus, so I can't just leave my bike outside not locked up!!! So I walked back down the BIG hill and back up the BIG hill and found nothing. So I just took my bike up to the office. Then my really nice coworker took me in her car to go looking for it, and guess what!!!! I found it!! It was on the side of the road....somewhere between home and work...what a relief!!!! I was very excited, it would have thrown off my entire day. I would have had to go home drop off my bike and then walk back to campus to go to class... :)

No comments: