Sunday, September 2, 2012

5:15 AM

Here I am at 5:15 a.m. wondering why I'm not in bed. I've been awake for over a hour. It's been a rough night. Well, we've been living in Wisconsin for 2 solid months now and I can't believe how fast time is flying by us. My job went from being good, to ok, to being just plain awful. I wanted to cry every night after work, I was losing my hair, and I just noticed a stress rash has returned...I haven't had that since my (stressful) math major days in college 3 years ago. The job itself would be great, but I started mid summer when the kids had no structure (I work with school age kids) and they were just full of energy. Really, what child isn't full of energy; that's why I stuck with it. I enjoyed the happy moments when I was able to teach the kids something and play with them. I speak about this in past tense because technically those experiences are in the past, the summer is officially over!!!! The kids go back to school next week! I am hoping and praying that my work days get a little better, the kids will be in school and then spend time with me after school.
Here is a picture of me on our face painting day at work. I let the kids paint my face...


















This picture is from the School's "County Fair." Each room in the school was given an animal to use as a theme. At the fair children and parents would vote on their favorite class. My class was the cow. I bought sheets from goodwill and cut them up so the kids could paint black spots on them and wear them as "shirts" which actually turned out great. I made my cows Holsteins. Well, guess what!!! We won the contest. The kids wrote jokes that related to cows, such as What did the cow say to the other cow? MOOOve over! What is the cows favorite galaxy? The Milky Way. We had the jokes hanging on the wall. Also, the girls made udders out of gloves and taped them on their shirts and the boys made horns. I guess the creativity won over the hearts of many!! It was definitely a combined effort, I designed the shirts they came up with the rest! My outfit for the day...

 The next picture is of the cheese AISLE, yes an entire aisle designated to cheese (only in Wisconsin). The sweet lady in the picture is my mom. My dad and grandparents drove our things up from Georgia, and in the process got in an accident. They made it out ok with some minor injuries! My mom met my dad and they finished the trip while my grandparents stayed behind to heal. Anyway, I just had to show my mom the cheese aisle! She bought enough cheese to last her a while. I guess her Christmas list will consist of cheese from now on!

















I made popcorn recently, and not in microwave! I felt so awesome!! It actually wasn't that hard and it was very tasty.

Bill just started his new job. Well, it's still with Delta but he will be a customer service agent now. He is so handsome in his suit! It  was a blessing that he got the job. Originally, he was working a seasonal position and the last day for that was August 31st. After that we were not sure what he was going to do. Anyway, with many prayers a full time position opened up with delta here in Madison. It was amazing because we were told that full time positions never open up in Madison, this was definitely the Lord opening doors for us! Anyway, Bill applied and a few short weeks later he was offered the job! I am so grateful for the past year, it was a year of pain and lack of understanding, but also a year of faith and patience. I learned that faith is the only thing that will help us make it through this life. There is a reason we are here in Wisconsin and I know it is where the Lord wants us to be right now. Will we end up here? I have no idea, but I have faith that the Lord will guide us each step of the way in our future.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yummmm cheese!!! Glad your parents are OK and you are getting settled. Hope your job gets better!!!