Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween


 Some changes are happening around here! We found out on September 11th that I'm pregnant, I was so surprised. I had been cramping so I just assumed it would be the regular negative test, but nope! We had been trying for 15 months and I was planning on visiting the dr in October to get some fertility help...but to my surprise the Lord had other plans! Here's a picture of me with the test...I look groggy because it's 6 in the morning



















I started taking weekly pictures at 6 weeks and this is a comparison of week 6 and week 12. I think I look thicker, certain parts are definitely bigger...haha! I also think I look really tired in the 2nd photo.
6 wks                                                                            12wks
  

Morning sickness is in full swing and I'm hoping it will ease up soon! Each day I send up prayers of thankfulness, because even though I'm suffering a little from nauseous and achiness I am so grateful to have this opportunity. I feel so blessed. Bill is extremely excited as well...you should have seen him the whole week after we found out, he was giddy! I loved it!

I've learned to forget about a good nights rest, I pee like 4 times a night and my brain won't shut off. Sometimes if I'm lucky I'll only pee once, but that's rare! Everyone keeps telling me that my body is preparing me for sleepless nights with the baby, I guess this is a good thing then.

I also have no motivation to do anything around the house. I work 40 hours a week and am beat by the time I get home at night...I sit on the couch and wait for Bill to get home. He has been such a big help, he really has picked up my slack. I do still help when I can, I've made dinner several times and I help with laundry sometimes...but it's just hard these days. I am so blessed to have a wonderful, loving, and helpful husband. He even holds my hair when I throw up in the morning...what a trouper. I've been trying to walk/exercise every week...I wanted to do it everyday, but that just hasn't been happening so I do it as much as I can. I'm hoping in the next few weeks my energy level will pick up and I can exercise more (I'd love to get back into my zumba routine!).

We announced our pregnancy to the Facebook world on Halloween with a picture of pumpkins we carved
 Bill came up with the idea and I loved it! I love the expression on his pumpkin, it's like he's thinking "what just happened?" HAHA!!

We are just so thrilled about our little miracle, we had our first appointment a few weeks ago and were able to see the baby, it was amazing! Last week I heard the heartbeat and I cried!!! As things progress I will continue to post pictures and updates!

My due date is May 14, 2013




1 comment:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Congrats guys! kids are a huge blessing, but pregnancy I could do without! ;) so excited for you--i cant wait to start seeing pictures of your sweet baby!